2nd Thoughts

H

Habitualmusic

Well Ive been reading alot of forums and articles on the MacBook and well I m starting to have 2nd thoughts. The performance I really like but **** the price! I have the money but as a college student cash is hard to come by. The way I was looking at it is it would be a good investment because macs hold there value over pc and down the road ill they ill get a better resale value. Can anyone confirm this? I wiil be using a new lap top for school/work/music and Id like to have to not purchase another unit for at least 3 years. I would also like a unit to replace my aging desktop. What u guys think about the toshiba's pretty solid? how they compare to the mac book I.E. Speed Graphics Reliability.

Any help would be great because as of now Im sold on the hype of the new MacBooks. :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Habitualmusic said:
Well Ive been reading alot of forums and articles on the MacBook and well I m starting to have 2nd thoughts. The performance I really like but **** the price! I have the money but as a college student cash is hard to come by. The way I was looking at it is it would be a good investment because macs hold there value over pc and down the road ill they ill get a better resale value. Can anyone confirm this? I wiil be using a new lap top for school/work/music and Id like to have to not purchase another unit for at least 3 years. I would also like a unit to replace my aging desktop. What u guys think about the toshiba's pretty solid? how they compare to the mac book I.E. Speed Graphics Reliability.

Any help would be great because as of now Im sold on the hype of the new MacBooks. :ninja:
macs do hold their values better than PCs do. This is evidenced by the fact that you see 1 GHz PowerBooks still going for $800 on eBay. The MacBook Pro should future-insulate you pretty well unless you're big into the 64-bit thing. Toshibas are excellent laptops in general and how they compare to the MacBook Pro hardware-wise depends on which one you get. I think it' safe to say, though, that you won't find a better laptop than the macBook pro hardware-wise TODAY simply because it uses Intel's latest chip and ATI's latest mobile video card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
I agree. I've just ordered a MBP, and (after 4 weeks coz of the waiting list!!!) I'm sure I'll be very happy with it!

I had a play with one in my local Apple Retailer, and I was blown away. And as said, the chip is the latest Intel technology, so it should last you a few years yet! At the end of the day, PC's have been hovering around 3GHz for a while now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.