Inverterboard for display and connector broken

Reaction score
Hi all mac friends,

I have broken inverter board, this is not the issue, but there is a heavy short circuit on the mother board. See the attached pic, worth fixing or not? Your opinion... I saw a video on youtube about the repair but it seems difficult.

140504 motherboard connector macbook.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Not worth fixing. There's no telling what else on the board was affected by whatever happened here.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not only is it not worth fixing...it's probably next to impossible for an end-user to fix. The only realistic fix would be to replace the logic board...and in many cases...this can cost as much as the computer is worth (thus not worth doing financially...unless you can find an inexpensive replacement).

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
Maybe I need to share that I work for a company making PCBA so I have access to a good SMT repair station.

The issue is that I don't know the schematics/layout to understand how the original connections should be.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Maybe I need to share that I work for a company making PCBA so I have access to a good SMT repair station.

Yes that does make a difference!:) Certainly something the home DIY computer repair person doesn't have access to!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.