Best pdf editor for Maverick OS X 10.9.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air
Hi,
I've recently realised that if I could edit pdf files it would considerably simplify my life. But I'm afraid to choose a random pdf editor from the web, particularly after Apple prompted me to upgrade to Maverick (if you haven't, don't !) and lots of bugs appeared. Could you recommend a reliable, compatible software please ? Super thanks for taking the time to help me out. Greetings from Brazil.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No problem updating to Mavericks for most people including myself and many others in our forums. Have you tried using Preview to edit your PDF files? If you need something more sophisticated, you could try PDFPen although it's a bit pricey.

C

chas_m

Mavericks running great here, problem must be on your end. Another vote for PDFPen for editing PDFs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Mavericks has proven to be very aggravating for me due to some bug where my iMac would lock up hard while asleep. Disabling the "Wake on LAN" feature has resolved that, though obviously I am now not running a service I'd rather have on. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Reaction score
PDF pen

Mavericks running great here, problem must be on your end. Another vote for PDFPen for editing PDFs.

I have some text that seems not to be eraseable. I mean that when I click the edit text button, it copies the text and makes it editable but the underlying text is still there. How to I get rid of that underlying "text"? Some text is erasabel in the same document.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Make a box over the Text and fill with white ?? Seems like the OCR didn't pick up on some of the text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Nah not really stefanostlind., Just takes a wee bit of learning is all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (September 2014)
I'm using a program called PDFelement to create and edit PDF files on my MacBook Pro running Yosemite. It's not a free program but still much better than those overpriced apps that are no better than the free Preview app.

Note: Sorry to bump up an old there but I came to know about this forum while I was searching for a way to edit PDF files on my Mac. I recently made a switch from Windows to Mac.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.