Possible to Edit in Preview?

Reaction score
A search of "Edit in Preview" got nothing, so here's the question.

I want to mask or cover a part of a .jpg picture for identity issues. Is this possible in Preview? I've been fiddling with the cursor and the text function, but not really getting anywhere.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't believe Preview has a "blur" feature that can be used. However, there are other programs that do have this feature which you can download from the Mac App Store for free.

Check out "Skitch" in the Mac App Store. It's free and has many various tools to work with including one to "blur" out objects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
No there isn't a Blur as such, but you can pick a Line or Square or Circle and choose the Thick setting and it can cover a Numberplate, or a face or anything you want.
The Skitch way is to choose the Coverup (black with squares in the Box) and you will need to use that 4/5 times to completely cover something as the Opacity is low and see through . .
PS: I hate sketch since it went to EverNote :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.