Getting contacts / apps from ios7 onto new spare new, older iphone

Reaction score
I have an iphone 5s running ios7 and have just bought a second-hand 3GS to use as a decent spare phone to swap the sim over to, which I can be more relaxed about the prospect of losing or damaging. The trouble is - am I able to get my icloud-saved contacts, apps and other info onto my new, older phone, which is running ios 6? If so, how do I do this? Thanks.

OP
P
Reaction score
Got that. The trouble is, my 3GS is telling me I can't back up from recent iCloud backups, as I would need OS 7.1, which I can't use on my new old phone. Is there a simply way of getting my contacts up in particular and transferring over those apps without do it all manually? The apps wouldn't be so bad, but the contacts would be a nightmare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Scroll down to the very bottom of this page LINK and read the fine print. You need iOS 5 or later and 3GS is one of the supported iOS devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.