Incoming mail real slow to appear with Maverick...

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Maverick my incoming mail on my iMac takes a good 45 to 60 seconds to appear after I click open MAIL. Before upgrading it appeared just about instantly. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?
Thanks
andy

C

chas_m

I noticed this after upgrading to Lion, it appears that OS X now does more message verification and server checking (presumably in an effort to cut down on login errors and spam), so I think the answer is "no."

You can try using an alternate email client and see if that works better for you. You've reminded me that I bought, and should really test out, the alternate IMAP client Airmail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I noticed this after upgrading to Lion, it appears that OS X now does more message verification and server checking (presumably in an effort to cut down on login errors and spam), so I think the answer is "no."

You can try using an alternate email client and see if that works better for you. You've reminded me that I bought, and should really test out, the alternate IMAP client Airmail.

I'm quite fond of Airmail myself and use it exclusively. However, I can confirm that it is a bit slow on receiving iCloud mail also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.