Duplicate All-Day Events on iPhone iOS 7.1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Came across a rather weird phenomenon, which looks suspiciously like a bonafide software bug ;)

When an event is created in Calendar on my MBP (6,1 running 10.9.2) and it's an all-day one, it shows up on my iPhone (4 - iOS 7.1.1) as two identical ones, for this day and the next. Both listed as all-day events, and specify that the event starts on day 1 and ends on day 2. Events, created on iPhone do not show up as duplicates on MBP, nor duplicate themselves on iPhone. Timed events do not duplicate.

Now, I spent a good couple of hours doing various test, went through all the usual suspects, i.e. correct time zone handling, possible duplicate calendars, etc, etc - everything is fine. All timed events show the same, correct time. Events, created in iCloud neither self-duplicate, nor create duplicates in iOS or OSX. Events, created in OSX do not show as duplicate in iCloud either (I'm talking about the ones, that show up as duplicates in iOS, obviously).

I found two ways to remedy the problem, i.e. remove the duplicate:

• The obvious one: on iPhone - edit the event, changing the end date from the next day to the current one
  • The unexpected one: in Calendar in OSX - open the event and edit ANYTHING - name, location, alert time - even selecting the same alert time from the drop-down list.

Few other observations:
  • Copying and pasting an all-day event, created prior to iOS 7.1 and/or 10.9.2 does not create a duplicate on iPhone.
  • Dragging an event in Calendar on MBP, to a different day, kills the duplicate on iPhone.
  • Changing a timed event to an all-day one, creates a duplicate. This process works both ways: all-day event changed to a timed one kills a duplicate, changing it back to all-day creates a duplicate...

Hopefully, the next iOS update will fix it, if it is indeed a bug, but for now, I have to remember to open an all-day event, immediately after I created it in Calendar, and edit something to avoid having a duplicate on iPhone ... :\

OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
This weird thing is still going on, and seems to only affect iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.1, as neither 5s, nor iPad 4th are affected :\

OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You didn't actually read my post, did you? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What parts of your posts did you think I missed??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.