iMac / iTunes problem

Reaction score
I want to load my CD "Jeff Wayne - War of The Worlds" onto my I Mac to transfer to my I-Pod but neither of the 2 discs are recognised by the computer - it rejects both of them, Why ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
1. Are the discs clean?
2. Have you tried another CD?
3. Are they standard, retail CDs?

OP
E
Reaction score
Yes - they are spotless.
Yes - over 400 - all my collection is now on my I-Pod apart from these two !
Yes - strait from Amazon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not to be facetious but have you tried any CDs after trying these?

Do they play ok on other devices?

Are they straight CDs or are they mixed mode with video?

OP
E
Reaction score
Yes - I have spent two months loading all my 400 CD's onto my I-Pod via the I-Mac.

They are strait CD's - and they play on my CD player OK !!

Reaction score
Sounds like DRM or copy protection.

C

chas_m

cradom -- that seem unlikely on a CD as old as Jeff Lynne's "War of the Worlds." Perhaps possibly if this were a brand new pressing (and WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT???) :)

EmmElf -- in iTunes there is a little checkbox in the importing preferences that offers error-checking on the CDs. Have you tried that? Also, you could download a different music-converting tool like the free MediaHuman Audio Converter and see if that can read the discs and convert the tracks for you.

Also, just for future reference: it's iPod, not I-Pod, and straight (as in direct) not strait (as in body of water). This is why I don't trust auto-correct! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.