Anyone got a controller Keyboard/synth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
I'm after a controller keyboard to use with logic and reason but I also wanted to know if you can assign controls to work with other programs like After Effects or Final Cut (for like fast forward and stuff), it would be really good to know how people found it and can they recommend a make or model. At the moment I'm looking at Edirol and Evolution keyboards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
randomfactor said:
I'm after a controller keyboard to use with logic and reason but I also wanted to know if you can assign controls to work with other programs like After Effects or Final Cut (for like fast forward and stuff), it would be really good to know how people found it and can they recommend a make or model. At the moment I'm looking at Edirol and Evolution keyboards.

My roommate has a Keystation Midiman keyboard he uses for Reason. Runs USB and works pretty well with little to no latency. I don't believe to triggers anything besides music apps. It gets the job done. Looks like you're looking a little more high-end with the ones you listed ;)

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
I know you can use a midi keyboard for animations in motion does anyone know if it works with after effects or final cut?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.