Question about muting contacts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
Is it possible to mute a contact from texting you on the phone, but still allow the texts to come to iMessages on the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have just played around with it, and unfortunately I can't see a way. You can edit in contacts, Person1 and set message tone as None, so they can't be heard when they message, but will still come up in iMessage on Mac, but because its all in the iCloud, if you block them in one, you have them in the other.

I think the only way to do it, is to delete them as a contact, and next time they message you, don't accept them as iMessage on your iPhone, but DO in iMessage on your Mac. I haven't tried this personally, but I know when I reinstall my iPhone OS it asks me if I want to use all my emails, and phone number as iMessage on my iPhone, and when I got my iMac I had the same option when I set up iMessage on that.
Is all I can think of Joe . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.