Need to get files from PC formatted iPod

Reaction score
My wife's Windows PC crashed and burned some time back. I was about to reformat her iPod shuffle (5th generation) to be read on my iMac but I realized that doing so would obliterate some videos of our son (taken when he was the tender age of 2). I am wondering if there is some software or freeware which will allow me to transfer files (specifically the videos she captured; I am not concerned with music or other files) from a PC formatted iPod to a Mac.

I appreciate any advice and help.

Edit: nevermind, it appears I already figured this out. Sorry, it was much easier then I thought it would be. Apparently Apple only makes a fuss over copyrighted material and could care less about whimsical home videos.

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Actually, Apple doesn't give a toss about it. The restriction you would have run into if it had been copyright music and movies is a restriction required on the device by the record and movie industry associations. It's more than a little ham-fisted but I do understand their concerns to some extent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.