MacBook Pro fails to start up, faint green charge light!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch dual-core i7 1.7GHz/8GB/256GB flash. iPhone 4 16GB. iPad mini retina 16GB....
Hello :)

My sister's MB pro has decided to stop working. She got it early this year and whilst she was working if cut off and failed to start up.

Also, the charger when plugged in displays a really faint, flickering green charge light.

Read about an tried an SMC reset, that didn't work.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue and we should take it to an Apple store? :\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Read about an tried an SMC reset, that didn't work.

I'm assuming this is a hardware issue and we should take it to an Apple store? :\

If the SMC Reset didn't work...and you still have remaining Applecare...taking it to your nearest Apple Store is probably best.:)

- Nick

OP
krissy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch dual-core i7 1.7GHz/8GB/256GB flash. iPhone 4 16GB. iPad mini retina 16GB....
Thanks Nick, it's still covered under AppleCare so will definitely take it to a store.

I don't have any proper tools to attempt to fix this and don't want to void any warranty either.:Smirk:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks Nick, it's still covered under AppleCare so will definitely take it to a store.

I don't have any proper tools to attempt to fix this and don't want to void any warranty either.:Smirk:

There's not a whole lot that an end-user can do on the inside of a newer model MacBook Pro. Apple has pretty much designed things...where if just about anything is wrong...the logic board needs replacing (very expensive). And since the problem could be power related (and the SMC Reset didn't work)...taking it to Apple is best.

The smart thing is to have Apple examine it...and repair it (if necessary)...for free. Maybe a bit of a hassle to go to the store...but worth it.:)

- Nick

OP
krissy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again, wouldn't feel comfortable poking around inside it anyway. Best left to the pros @ the Apple Store.

:\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.