sudden freeze, stuck grey screen, warm Macbook, and fast-running CPU

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My Macbook Pro, later 2011, is struggling nowadays. While using the computer for instance for browsing the interesting or checking my email, it freezes and does not respond to anything. The only that allows me to use it again is to press the power button and shut it off. When I restart it, there is some thin lines in the grey welcome screen, something that seems to suggest problem with the screen. In order to get rid of that, I shut it down many times until no thin lines appear and the home screen appears.

While stuck on the grey screen, the laptop gets so noisy because of a fast-running CPU and very warm. I try sometimes to leave it hoping that the grey screen will go away without any luck.

I wonder if any knows about such symptoms? I told the laptop to the mac shop where I live and the expert said that he tried to recreate the problem by pressuring the laptop but he could not see any problem.

Did anyone have similar problems? What can be done about this?

thanks. :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.