iPhone 5 stuck on recovery mode error (9) (See video)

Reaction score
iPhone 5 will not restore, shows strange graphic under restore and shows "the iPhone could not be restored. An uknown error occurred (9) and goes back to restore mode..the phone never been opened and no parts replaced before the issue.
TinyUmbrella no good, resetting hosts file to default no good, DFU mode no go..seems like HW issue and could realy use some tips, also in component level fix.

Iphone 5 stuck on recovery mode error (9) - YouTube

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Does it function if you unplug it?

Reaction score
iPhone 5 will not restore, shows strange graphic under restore and shows "the iPhone could not be restored. An uknown error occurred (9) and goes back to restore mode..the phone never been opened and no parts replaced before the issue.
TinyUmbrella no good, resetting hosts file to default no good, DFU mode no go..seems like HW issue and could realy use some tips, also in component level fix.

Iphone 5 stuck on recovery mode error (9) - YouTube

Hi

I had the same issue with my iPhone 4s. I sent it off and they diagnosed an issue with the battery. They replaced the battery and then it worked as normal. I am not sure if this will solve the issue but its worth a try. They also said that the dock connector port if its damaged or exposed to moisture will cause this issue. Check this also. I hope this help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.