Wacky GMail & Mail App Behavior Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Good Afternoon!
I have a question and I would like to apologize in advance if it does not belong here. It is related to an odd GMail behavior that might or might not be related to Mail.app.

I have had a GMail account set up as IMAP in Mail.App for about a year. It worked fine. I added another one a few days ago. It worked fine for one day. Now, every time I send an e-mail, I get at least one copy in my inbox (in Mail app and at GMail). Once, I got over 20 copies of the same message. It is happening for both addresses, but none of the addresses from my ISP do it. (All are non-GMail pop addresses)

On line there are dozens of great pages discussing this problem with POP accounts, but I am IMAP and the solutions are POP specific (like turning off Recent mode). To be honest, I'd rather use POP, but GMail won't let me send a mail to any address that is in the same client- GMail or not. My wife & do this frequently.

A couple of posts do address IMAP, but say the problem is caused by settings in Mail app. No solutions offered, however.

I use 10.6.8 and Mail app is version 4.6.

Have any of you encountered this goofy problem? It is by no means critical, just pesky.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.