Trying to restore individual applications from Time Machine

Reaction score
I recently reformatted my Macbook Pro to clear out some clutter that has built up over the years and I want to restore some, but not all, of my applications just the way they were (ie Firefox with my old extensions, settings, and bookmarks; iTunes with my old library) but I can only seem to find explanations that are basically "all or nothing."

Someone please tell me this is possible or I've wasted a lot of time the last couple of days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You most certainly can cherry pick what you want to pull back. The best thing to do is go to the Time Machine item in your menubar and select "Enter Time Machine". You'll then get a Finder window for what is currently on your system. Switch to the folder your apps were in, then "go back in time" using the arrows to the right of the Finder window. Select the app to restore, then hit "Restore" on the bottom right. You'll have to repeat this process for any files you want back (extensions, settings, bookmarks, etc).

OP
T
Reaction score
So I guess the problem I'm having then is tracking down where all those files are for extensions and bookmarks and whatnot... I'm using Mavericks btw.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.