OS X.8-9.2 vulnerablility fix?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 14.2.1; iPhone 11; iPad Air, iPad Pro
I subscribe to the National Vulnerability Database and will post link to today's about the vulnerabilities in the title. Apparently there is no fix yet. How serious is this
and is/are there a fix/fixes until Apple comes out with a security update? Please explain this in layman's terms.
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-1314

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The key in that vulnerability is the 'crafted application" part. Meaning, that someone has to write a specific app to exploit this issue..

It is likely safe to believe that apps that you get from the Mac App Store or reputable places will not have this issue.

As to how serious it is or not depends on what that "crafted application" intends to do once it opens up the exploit and that's hard to gauge..

OP
ramcclain
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 14.2.1; iPhone 11; iPad Air, iPad Pro
vulnerability

Thank you so much, and I think I actually understand what you are talking about. When you computer whizzes get into code, etc., I am lost. Thank you again. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.