Dmesg and a USB problem using Arduino

Reaction score
I've been troubleshooting not being able to connect to an Arduino (Tiny) with my Mac for the last two days. The serial problem has something to do with the board since I can plug an UNO in and the serial port shows up fine.

However, during the process of troubleshooting I ran Dmesg based on a number of suggestions from the web. Itdidn't help me much and it prompted this question-

The output from dmesg is fairly lengthy. Is there someone here that could look at it and tell me what the problems (if any) are?

Reaction score
Possibly, and I say that with reservations.
Do a dmesg > filename.txt and attach here. Please don't copy paste to a post. Makes for a really long post.

Reaction score
This shows up several times...

The USB device Keyboard Hub (Port 1 of Hub at 0xfd000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected
Ethernet [Intel8254x]: Link up on en1, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, Symmetric flow-control, Debug [792d,af48,0de1,0e00,cde1,3c00]
hfs: mounted Mike's G-DRIVE on device disk3s2
com_DataRobotics_iSCSIInitiatorIOKitDriver: setPowerState Enter with powerState: 0 and device: 4fee5300
com_DataRobotics_iSCSIInitiatorIOKitDriver: Going to sleep!
com_DataRobotics_iSCSIInitiatorIOKitDriver: Power state transition (0) completed!
USBF: 4578.612 AppleUSBEHCI::SuspendUSBBus - port 1 was NOT already suspended (as it should have been) PROBLEMS AHEAD

It would suggest whatever you're plugging in isn't being disconnected properly. Is whatever you're plugging in showing up in Finder (the one that works)?
EDIT: Strike that, I'm thinking its showing up like a drive. Don't know why...
There is some sort of problem with the USB port though. Have you checked your system logs?

Other than that nothing stands up and slaps me in the face, except some disk errors, which are probably nothing.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Keyboard- I never unplug it so something is going on there. Wait... that says keyboard hub. That was when I unplugged my iPhone. I may not have ejected it. that was last night though.

ENET- Not sure why it would disconnect. Sometimes my network connection hangs

G-Drive- that's an Apple G drive on firewire. Again, rarely unplugged and I'm pretty good about ejecting something before I pull it.

I have no idea what the Data Robotics reference is to. I had a Drobo a long time ago and that's who makes it. It was long ago thrown in the trash.

USBF- no idea on that either. I have a number of things on my USB ports. Keyboard, Wacom tablet, scanner, Arduino when I am downloading a program to it, Spyder Color calibrator for my monitor

Will rebooting clear old entries?

For some reason I can no longer see the hard drive in Bay 2 (third drive). All 4 bays are populated. I think that is a connection problem. Maybe that's the drive errors. It's a pre-2009 Mac. Still seems solid and works great.

Thanks for taking a look

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.