"The bless tool was unable to set current boot disk"

Reaction score
Just today I have been getting this error when trying to switch from Mac to Windows. I have had no problem like this in the past, and I have had Windows 7 for the past year on my Mac. I have searched almost everywhere, and tried all the suggestions, but nothing is working!

I am not using rEFIt or any third party software

My computer -

Mac Pro
Early 2009

Processor 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021)

Thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's telling you that the Windows Boot Sector is no longing working. You may have corruption on the hard drive or the Boot Sector was overwritten. You can try to repair Windows 7 but chances are it will have to be reinstalled. But before you do that, you should check your hard drive to make sure there are no errors - bad sectors, etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
It's telling you that the Windows Boot Sector is no longing working. You may have corruption on the hard drive or the Boot Sector was overwritten. You can try to repair Windows 7 but chances are it will have to be reinstalled. But before you do that, you should check your hard drive to make sure there are no errors - bad sectors, etc.

I have done the CMD ALT P R thing while booting up, and tested both drives. The only errors I am getting are on the Mac side, the PC side has no errors at all.

When I hit Verify, I get the error - "The partition needs to be repaired because there's a problem with the EFI system partition's file system"

Then, when I hit repair, it says - "Live file system repair is not supported"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can not repair a drive that is mounted. Do the repair from your Recovery Partition. Boot and hold down command plus r. Then use Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. It sounds like that error may also be the reason Windows 7 is not booting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.