• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

One More Thing...

Reaction score
The Event on the 28 of Feb Will have several new Products these are the most likely

1.An iBook Renamed Macbook
2.An Mac Mini With Intel Processer
3.An 'Real' Video iPod
4.An iPod Boombox
5.An Apple PDA

Oh And One more Thing...

An Update to iTunes

Things that are unlikely

1.A Mac Pro (powermac)
2.iPhone
3.Macbook Pro 12" and 17"
4.Bluetooth Mighty Mouse
5.An update to the Cinema Displays
6.Any New Apps

Please Have a look a my Rumor round up at : http://mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29409

Reaction score
I've also read there may be an update to iCal. Guess we'll have to wait and see the 28th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
menziep said:
The Event on the 28 of Feb Will have several new Products these are the most likely

1.An iBook Renamed Macbook
2.An Mac Mini With Intel Processer
3.An 'Real' Video iPod
4.An iPod Boombox
5.An Apple PDA

Oh And One more Thing...

An Update to iTunes

Things that are unlikely

1.A Mac Pro (powermac)
2.iPhone
3.Macbook Pro 12" and 17"
4.Bluetooth Mighty Mouse
5.An update to the Cinema Displays
6.Any New Apps

Please Have a look a my Rumor round up at : http://mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29409

I'm super-excited to see if (1) the Intel Mini will be there and (2) Apple's rumored "media center" will be one it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I think the 12 and 17" MacBook Pro is more likely we give it credit for.

Z

zap2

some type of Cell Phone would be nice!

The Newton, redone with Phone, Music and PDA abilty!

Reaction score
I thin it'll just be an update on iTunes, the AirVideo thing and maybe maybe a MacBook. Not a huge event I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
You know that would be nice. I've had a couple PDA's but most of them end up sitting around cause it's one more thing to carry. I actually USE my blackberry, cause it's a phone and I carry it everywhere. I'd love to see a Mac native PDA if it was on a carrier I could use.

zap2 said:
some type of Cell Phone would be nice!

The Newton, redone with Phone, Music and PDA abilty!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i think any sort of pda device will never happen because no one ever uses them really....

i feel that the mini release would be pretty appropriate to get even more systems with intel processors in their lineup, that and it is their inexpensive computers that people can sorta buy on a whim to check it out and also simply because it is the most affordable mac out there.
-chris

Reaction score
I'd like to see some more theme updates to iMovieHD 6 and iDVD, as well as more themes to iWeb. There are far too few themes for iWeb, and iMovie has the potential of being SOOO much better if only they released a bunch more themes. How about holiday themes? Birthdays, seasonal, etc? And Im talking about new themes in the iMovie 6 style.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Anyhow, I must resist the urge to sell my PB 12" in lieu of a new MacBook Pro. That is, unless a 12" MacBook Pro comes out in the future and all the Intel/Universal apps bugs are worked out. Judging from the Tiger 10.45 update, it would seem they have had a lot to work on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
how about a presentation to the winner of the billionth download from iTMS?

B

bfx

I'm ready to buy a Mini - actually just stopped by here first then was going to do the order.

Now I'm going to wait.

If one of the things intro'd is a Mini-tel might still go with the G4 version anyway if they discount it.

But if the mini-tel has the rumored 3.5" hd and 64 mb graphics then .... who knows.

If that is the case then I'd also hope for a companion version of Final Cut Express HD - that's one of the apps I want to check out. OK - I know a mini isn't the ideal platform for doing that but - hey - at least I can check it out.

And maybe something like QuickTime Pro 7.1 - I hear 7.0 has several problems under Tiger.

Either way - now I have to wait. Another whole week. And maybe wait even longer for the order to be filled.

- sigh -

One thing I definitely DO NOT want is an announcement that Apple is swiching to Windows.

Oh well - such is life in the technology game.

bfx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
inflexion might have a good idea.....i think it might be something involved with gaming or media.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I disagree.

Likely: new iBook/MacBook (the name change is hard to tell. The MBP indicates change to MacBook, while the iMac indicates otherwise), 17" MBP, Mac mini with Core solo.

Unlikely: MacPro, updated Cinema Displays, Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, 12" MBP.

Bluetooth Mighty Mouse would be hard to implement since it has a sensor. Battery life would suffer. 12" would be going back to the non-widescreen standard. I don't think Apple wants to have any pro or prosumer models without widescreen. It's something to differentiate between the consumer and pro lines, just like I think Solo vs. Duo is going to be. iBooks and PowerBooks were too close. I think they want clear lines now.

Extremely/retardedly unlikely: Apple PDA, phone, boom box, "real" video iPod.

Apple already tried PDAs. It did not work. Apple already has a phone deal with Motorola. They're called the ROKR and the SLVR. I'm not even going to address the possibility of Apple making a boom box. And I don't think Apple will update the big iPod again this soon. People would be PISSED that bought at Christmas.

B

bfx

Just a wild thought.

Seem to recall two recent news releases about Apple patents for touch screen technology.

The first was that some sort of patent had been awaded circa early Jan.

The more recent was that a seperate touch screen patent was applied for earlier this month.

Might be something to do with the patent was awarded. Among other things.

Like I say - just a thought.

bfx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Meyvn said:
I disagree.

Likely: new iBook/MacBook (the name change is hard to tell. The MBP indicates change to MacBook, while the iMac indicates otherwise), 17" MBP, Mac mini with Core solo.

Unlikely: MacPro, updated Cinema Displays, Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, 12" MBP.

Bluetooth Mighty Mouse would be hard to implement since it has a sensor. Battery life would suffer. 12" would be going back to the non-widescreen standard. I don't think Apple wants to have any pro or prosumer models without widescreen. It's something to differentiate between the consumer and pro lines, just like I think Solo vs. Duo is going to be. iBooks and PowerBooks were too close. I think they want clear lines now.

Extremely/retardedly unlikely: Apple PDA, phone, boom box, "real" video iPod.

Apple already tried PDAs. It did not work. Apple already has a phone deal with Motorola. They're called the ROKR and the SLVR. I'm not even going to address the possibility of Apple making a boom box. And I don't think Apple will update the big iPod again this soon. People would be PISSED that bought at Christmas.

I find it funny that you think its more likely that they reveal a 17" MBP, when they have just begun shipping the 15.4" model. This is a 1.6" difference.

Granted that the iPod video sold many more units than the MBP will, yet you find that to be very unlikely.

Im not attacking you, you may be correct, I just find your logic interesting.

MPW

Reaction score
(the name change is hard to tell. The MBP indicates change to MacBook, while the iMac indicates otherwise)
=====================
The name change is not hard. They want Mac in the name of their computers and they don’t want the word power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Ya, keeping it all in one thread is just impossible...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Greenredfield said:
I find it funny that you think its more likely that they reveal a 17" MBP, when they have just begun shipping the 15.4" model. This is a 1.6" difference.

Granted that the iPod video sold many more units than the MBP will, yet you find that to be very unlikely.

Im not attacking you, you may be correct, I just find your logic interesting.

There is actually a noticeable difference as far as actual resolution between a 15.4 and 17" display. I also feel that a 17" model is likely. 17" is necessary for the kind of work I do. I even feel claustrophobic with 17", although when I am home I use a second monitor.

I don't get where you are coming from with the iPod video/MBP comparison. You are looking at apples (no pun intended) and oranges. The iPod has always sold more than the rest of Apple's products. The iPod is also considerably cheaper than a laptop computer, and appeals to a much larger audience.

Apple needs to be careful about what and when they update. I agree with the user who mentioned that a lot of users would be angry with an iPod update this earlier into the year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.