Heart Monitor

Reaction score
When the iPhone 5 came out, I remember seeing something about a gadget which you attach to the iPhone and then to your wrist. It gives more information about your heart than an EKG. They mentioned a price of 199 USD. I have tried to find it somewhere on the internet with no success. Can someone direct me to this information?

OldDreamer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Doerwald - I cannot answer your specific question, but an EKG will provide information on your heart rate (HR), heart rhythm, and can suggest certain diagnoses, such as the presence of a myocardial infarction (heart attack). I can imagine a monitor attached to an i-Device providing accurate HR data but unlikely will be able to make diagnoses or give other information about the health of your heart.

Of course, there are wrist devices to measure your BP (blood pressure) which would also determine one's HR - please tell us why you need such a device and for what purposes? BTW - I'm retired physician - Dave :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are a number of these devices available. Dave's right about needing to know more about your specific needs before making any suggestions. Have you discussed these devices with a doctor? Perhaps he/she has a recommendation or can at least tell you what information/readings would be most helpful to you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have no insight as to why the OP asked the question, but many folks who exercise regularly like to measure their heart rate after a regimen. Perhaps that's what he is referring to?

M

MacInWin

If HR is what he wants, Polar makes several with BT that are compatible with iPhone. I use Digifit to track my workouts, but Polar has an application also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.