Edit secondary click drop-down menu?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
How do I edit a secondary click drop-down menu? I seem to remember doing something like that a while ago, but not sure if it was, in fact, in OSX or Linux ... :[

Specifically, I want to get rid of Tags, that I never use, so that Services, which I do use often, won't have to be in a secondary drop-down - these used to be in the main section, and I think Monospace addition pushed them into a subsection:

ScreenShot2014-04-25at102954_zps459cf0d6.png

If it is not possible to remove the Tags part, just eliminating the extra step to get to Services would be great - is there a limit / numerical value on either the overall size of drop-down, or a number of items, triggering a secondary menu / subsection?

OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Temporary resolved by a somewhat drastic measure - removal of Monosnap:

ScreenShot2014-04-25at112608_zpsa1746f81.png

To be perfectly honest, I found it (Monosnap) a bit of a busybody - trying to get everywhere and do everything, most of which, I have other ways to achieve already ... I have a natural aversion to apps like that, perhaps from my Linux days, so not a great loss.

Would still like to be able to edit the menu and change the number of items, which triggers the subsection, and/or overall size of the drop-down window :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
As you have already divined, the "Services" options become an extra step if you have 5 or more. I wish there was a way to clean up some of the others (I don't have a need for Tags), but there is none that I'm aware of. Even if there was, that would have no effect on the "Services" section at the bottom.

BTW... I freakin' LOVE Tripping the Rift! Long before it got picked up and made as a series.

OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BTW... I freakin' LOVE Tripping the Rift! Long before it got picked up and made as a series.

Tnuk400pix_zpsb420bc07.png

Yeah, great stuff, was very happy when all three seasons came up on iTunes.

The movie was a bit of a disappointment though - just a collection of season three episodes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yeah, great stuff, was very happy when all three seasons came up on iTunes.

The movie was a bit of a disappointment though - just a collection of season three episodes.

I only caught a couple of the series episodes early on... I'll be rectifying that via Netflix (just added to my queue).

You wouldn't happen to know if there is a good copy of the original public short available, do you? The copy I have is only 352x240 in resolution.

OP
MBP17•David
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I only caught a couple of the series episodes early on... I'll be rectifying that via Netflix (just added to my queue).

You wouldn't happen to know if there is a good copy of the original public short available, do you? The copy I have is only 352x240 in resolution.

Never seen it :( and would love to ... I only have the 39 episodes of the three series, bought a 'Tripping the Rift - The Movie' DVD a while ago, but there was nothing new, so eBayed it ... I only caught the whole thing by chance really - it wasn't aired in the UK, as far as I know. I watched about half-a-dozen episodes of the first season in the Bahamas, in 2004 I think. It's not even available on the UK iTunes Store - too politically incorrect, I'm sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.