Game Disc Duplicating For Mac Mini

Reaction score
So I was in Target the other day, and saw Diablo III for $20. I've been wanting to pick this up, but I have a problem - I have a Mac Mini; it's the late 2012 model. Is it possible to copy the disc to a USB flash drive, and transfer it to my Mac Mini? I do have a Macbook Pro I can copy the disc. I usually buy games digitally, but saving $10 on a physical copy is a deal.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might not be able to make a working copy of Diablo III to a USB flash drive if the disk is protected. It may copy over but not work. Why not invest in an inexpensive external optical drive? I have a 2013 iMac that has no optical drive but I keep an external Samsung optical drive on my desk just so I can use it for disks that I already have or want to buy.

OP
Feniks80
Reaction score
I was thinking of an alternative route before approaching the drive, looks like i'll have to invest in it. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.