Cannot access phpMyAdmin website with regular browsers, but with Tor

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm having a weird problem:

My os is MacOsX 10.8.5.

What I try to do is to go to phpMyAdmin website and download the latest version.
The problem is that the phpMyAdmin website won't load with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.
By that I mean that I tried all those browsers, trying to open the phpMyAdmin home page url:
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
and it would display the url in the browser, saying that it's waiting for data from phpmyadmin.net,
but it will never end, and the screen is blank meanwhile.
I only have this behaviour with php my admin. All other websites load just fine.

My first thought was: "Ha, php my admin website is down".
So I waited one day and started again: same results.
Then I thought: "A big website like php my admin can hardly be down more than 24 hours".
So I tried Tor browser, and it happens that Tor doesn't have any problem at all:
I could open the url, and download php my admin without any problem.

Do you know what the problem could be ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just tried it with Safari and the web site loaded immediately. No idea why you had problems with those browsers you mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.