apply styles pane in Word for Mac 2011?

JJM

Reaction score
Hi! I really need to apply styles quickly in Word for Mac without scrolling through the entire styles list and having to click on each one. In Windows there was an "apply styles pane" where I could just type in the style and press enter. Is there anything like that in Word for Mac?? Am I just missing it??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you keep the "Ribbon" showing when running Mac Word 2011 and have the home position selected at all times, then the styles are right there on the Ribbon to be selected. Just click on the style you wish and it will be applied. You can do the same thing in Windows Word 2010 right from the Ribbon. What's wrong with doing it that way?

Reaction score
Trying to Apply Styles Does Not Work

So i'm working in Word for Mac 2011. When I select a paragraph with my mouse and click on a style (e.g. 'Heading 1' or 'Normal'), the style does not stay and the style remains as 'Heading 3'. Working on a dissertation so this is not what I want.

Suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.