• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

multiple videos on one DVD, can it be done ? please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi, I am still trying to make a good friend of mine the happiest guy in the world.

I offered to buy him a MacBookPro but he didnt want one !!!!, so he gave me the task of making a DVD Video from several video clips from a Humax TV Recorder, this is all done :)

The resulting Video I have is about 1 gig in size, leaving room for three more similar sized videos on the same 4.7gig DVD.

What I thought would be a good idea, is to make some subtle changes to each video, so my friend could choose which one is the most suitable for his needs.

The iSkysoft DVD Creator software I am using can easily create DVD Videos in a Folder :).

So the only thing I am now, not sure of is :- with for example 4 separate videos on one DVD, what is the correct way to make a MENU to select either one of the 4 videos to play ???

Tim

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't used this program and can't seem to find a definite answer so the following is an educated guess. Try following whatever their directions are for creating a menu. This time, instead of adding one movie import all of the files at the same time.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I haven't used this program and can't seem to find a definite answer so the following is an educated guess. Try following whatever their directions are for creating a menu. This time, instead of adding one movie import all of the files at the same time.

OK Slydude, thanks very much for your suggestion buddy it is much appreciated, I have however decided to abort the idea.

To do what you suggest I reckon I would have to have a multi level menu, that program definitely doesnt cater for that.

However before I tried to do that, I decided to save just one video to a folder on my hard drive, and then I browsed to this folder and double clicked the file that executed and Auto Run the menu when double clicked, however for some reason, I know not why, after the menu was displayed for 14 seconds it finished and needed double clicking again.

thanks again for trying to help Slydude :)

Tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac Quick Start User Guide
Import all the movies.
Arrange the files in the order you want, rename, edit, whatever.
Select the menu. The app knows how many menus to create.
Burn.

Yeah thanks Craig, that makes it look very easy, to get all the Videos to operate from the same level hhhmmmm, I could do it that way, but I would have to have 4 times 3 = 12 thumbnails in the Menu, then it could be done for sure :)

Thanks yet again Craig for giving me the incentive to simply, get off my butt and get it DONE, I shouldn't keep thinking of how I can get away with not doing IT !!!.

Tim

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@Cradom Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't do a good job explaining that.

@Tim

Hi, I am still trying to make a good friend of mine the happiest guy in the world.
I offered to buy him a MacBookPro but he didnt want one !!!!, so he gave me the task of making a DVD Video from several video clips from a Humax TV Recorder, this is all done :)

Tim

What do I have to do to get in on that deal. :D

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
@Tim
What do I have to do to get in on that deal. :D

I AM trying very hard to wean him off of that dammed Windose rubbish, I keep telling him how much easier, quicker and more intuitive Apple computers are, the only way he will believe me is, if he has one to actually use, isn't there a saying "dont look a gift horse in the mouth" ?
anyway he will not be moved, so I am now going to get myself an iPhone 5S instead !!!

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.