Hacker / Virus / Keylogging worries…..

Reaction score
Recently went to YAHOO to browse and received a drop-down message that said (paraphrasing) you are about to enter a site that may be presenting to be ADS.YAHOO.COM……." I was simply accessing YAHOO'S main page. Not really sure what "ads.yahho.com" was.

Anyway, I googled "ads.yahoo.com" and there seem to be a lot of entries associating that url with malicious viruses and key logging. Since then, Ive noticed that my MacBook has been slower than usual. Suffice to say, I'm concerned about my Mac being highjacked by some hacker or my keystrokes being monitored. Any info would be helpful.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What browser are you using? Ads.yahoo.com is likely just the server that contains all of the ads from Yahoo. The possibility of it slowing down your Mac is slim to none, so its likely more your perception than reality that your Mac is slower..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can tell from the URL that it's part of Yahoo's domain. You can see that info here for verification.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ooops…that should be "pretending," not presenting.

You can use the Edit button to fix such things, but there is an expiration on that. You can only edit your own posts, for 24 hours, I think.

It might help your problem to click Safari > Reset Safari..
I'd suggest checking the Cookies and Cache boxes and clean that stuff out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.