Safari display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
View --> Show Toolbar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Or, if you want to have even more fun, right click on the Toolbar area and select Customize Toolbar. Then you can drag any of the buttons that appear out onto the Tool bar. If you don't want to keep them at a later point, do this again and drag them off.

OP
N
Reaction score
Toolbar

I'd tried that, but it already 'thinks' toolbar is showing. Tried everything in 'View.'

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably have Safari showing in full screen. Bring your mouse cursor slowly up toward the top right side of the screen. When the blue arrows show up, click on them to bring Safari back to normal. Then your menu bar will show up.

OP
N
Reaction score
No blue arrows. It's not in full screen mode, anyway. Ugh. Any other ideas? I hate to have to drag myself down to the Apple store!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Run Software Update and see if a newer version of Safari shows up. If so, install it. If not, you might have to do a reinstall.

Or, another alternative, though not guaranteed to help, is to dump the com.apple.safari.plist file. The computer will make a new one, set to factory defaults. It certainly will not do any harm. This file is found in the Preferences folder within your Home / Library folder. but that Library folder might be hidden.

What is your OS version? Knowing that, someone can help you find that Library folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.