• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I would like a menu on a DVD for 3 videos ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I have some iSkysoft software for creating videos with a menu, but it doesnt (or cannot) do what I really really want.

I have three videos that can be selected from a Menu :) but what I really really want to be able to do, is to have each Video when it has finished playing, to go BACK to the original menu from which it got chosen.

What happens at the moment, is, it simply follows on and plays the next video.

Does that make sense ?, please ask for more details if I havent made myself crystal clear.

Perhaps I could somehow make an HTML file that displays a menu to do what I want/need. I wouldn't know how to make it work on a DVD though, if this IS what is needed !

PS. I hope you dont say use iMOVIE because that looks to be to darned complicated for me.

Tim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Toast will do it. Possibly whatever you have. Look in preferences for something similar to pic.
Uncheck "Play all items continuously"

Screenshot 2014-04-19 14-58-56 2014-04-19 14-58-59.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
hi cradom, Thanks, I do have a box like that in my iSkysoft software which is UNCHECKED, but it makes no difference :(

Thanks for your suggestion, would that be "Toast DVD" from the App Store currently on sale for £10.49 ?

Tim

Reaction score
That particular shot was from Toast Titanium. Toast DVD has the same prefs. Click on Customize for the one shown above.
Also uncheck at other arrow.

Toast DVD 2014-04-19 15-21-09 2014-04-19 15-21-26.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
That particular shot was from Toast Titanium. Toast DVD has the same prefs. Click on Customize for the one shown above.
Also uncheck at other arrow.

Thank you CRADOM I shall give that one a go, brill :)

tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Cradom, I give up with Toast DVD for now, but thanks for your valued opinion.

I created a project using Toast DVD then discovered there was NOT a PREVIEW option, however I still decided to go ahead and try it out on a DVD-RW .....

and then I found that somewhere along the road I had got BOTH NTSC and PAL into the same project and it couldn't guarantee it would play on all players !!!.

So I give up for now I shall try again after the Easter holiday, I think all the support guys are off work, I can't really blame them eh.

thanks for your continued help "cradom"

tim

Reaction score
Mixing NTSC and PAL on the same DVD is not gonna work. You need to convert one of them.
What do you mean by Preview option? While it's converting to Video-TS? Nope.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Mixing NTSC and PAL on the same DVD is not gonna work. You need to convert one of them.
What do you mean by Preview option? While it's converting to Video-TS? Nope.

Hi cradom, thanks for sticking with me :- firstly I have no idea why either of these 3 video files is NTSC they all came from the same Humax TV Recorder ?.
secondly the "Toast DVD" program doesnt seem to have an option where I can play my finished masterpiece before I commit it to a Blank DVD, I would like to check that the Menu works as I hope it does ! and I would like to check that the Titles of each Menu item actually look ok, as regards formatting and character count etc. that is what I meant by Preview !.

However I have a bigger problem at the moment with a mix of Formats.

The software I was hoping to use, I guess there support desk is on holiday this easter weekend LOL, converts it all to PAL at the time it BURNS it to DVD, I havent had to bother with converting from one to the other before, because it does of course have to be PAL !

Tim

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I've never had much luck converting from PAL to NTSC or the other way round. You might try Mpegstreamclip Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac OS X
I don't know of any burning apps with that kind of preview.

cradom, I feel such a dummy I must admit, there is/was nothing wrong with the iSkysoft software I was using at the outset !!!!

I decided I would burn the whole project to a DVD I then found, that using the DVD Players remote control the whole dammed thing works perfectly, boy was I pleased :)

So apologies for using up your valuable time "cradom"

Tim

Reaction score
Not using up my time, that's what we're here for. Besides, I was outside washing the truck ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Not using up my time, that's what we're here for. Besides, I was outside washing the truck ;)

If you enjoy that kind of thing I could rustle up one or two for you buddy. Start heading this way.

Reaction score
Mine hadn't been washed in several months, and didn't really want to do it now. Sad when a white truck turns gray tho.
And still didn't get the inside. Do that tomorrow (maybe).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.