Post your experience with the eMac here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x eMac 1ghz
Hi, I own 2 emacs and want to see what the community thinks of them. For me they are good workhorses and still have plenty of life left in them. To make yourself feel up to date you can install Mountain Leopard theme on 10.5 to make it look like ML (make it look like 10.9 by changing the wallpaper to the wave)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All of the chitter chatter you've been doing about your "eMac" would be better off on another forum where classic Macs are the hot topic.

Classic Mac Forums

And kindly remove "Hackintosh" from your specs. Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Hack is no more. :D Grin

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x eMac 1ghz
oh, ok.
Am I still able to seek help from this community when its to do with old machines?
PS; Mac-Forums is a forum for ALL macs. 'the ultimate source for your mac' NOT 'the ultimate source for your MODERN mac'
:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
They make first class killicks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
oh, ok.
Am I still able to seek help from this community when its to do with old machines?
PS; Mac-Forums is a forum for ALL macs. 'the ultimate source for your mac' NOT 'the ultimate source for your MODERN mac'
:p

You are more than welcome to ask questions about Macs from all eras, but just know that the bulk of the users on here are using Macs that are from the past 6 years or so and are more familiar with the post Snow-Leopard versions of OS X. But Leopard isn't that different, so we can still help with that versions of OS X as well..

If, however, you start going backwards to earlier versions of OS X or even OS.9 or something, then the member pool knowledgeable about those will begin to diminish..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
oh, ok.
PS; Mac-Forums is a forum for ALL macs. 'the ultimate source for your mac' NOT 'the ultimate source for your MODERN mac' :p

You can certainly ask questions about your old machines, but what we don't appreciate is you posting deceptive threads such as "I installed 10.9.2 on my eMac". You posted that numerous times, once as a title to a new post and again on several other threads. (For which we removed.)

Thanks for your cooperation.

C

chas_m

The eMacs are some of the absolute best boat anchors I have ever used. Your sailboat is going NOPLACE when one of those babies is resting on the floor of the lake! :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The eMacs are some of the absolute best boat anchors I have ever used. Your sailboat is going NOPLACE when one of those babies is resting on the floor of the lake! :)

WOW, I never thought I would see the day when Chas put down any Apple product! Again WOW!!! :D

Apple is perfect, even old Apple. :D

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x eMac 1ghz
You can certainly ask questions about your old machines, but what we don't appreciate is you posting deceptive threads such as "I installed 10.9.2 on my eMac". You posted that numerous times, once as a title to a new post and again on several other threads. (For which we removed.)

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sorry for that. It wont happen again.

and yes, eMacs are VERY heavy for what they are (mostly cuz of the crt screen)

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Thanks, jackolantern, for taking my post in the humourous spirit intended.

The last of the eMacs were pretty impressive machines in their day, but today they're quite limited, and not safe to put on the Internet due to security issues. If you don't have one of the ones with the caps issue, then they are indeed workhorses and still good for certain tasks. And cheap because nobody wants anything that heavy/big around anymore. Hard to believe you could fit four of those new Mac Pros in one of the eMac shells!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x eMac 1ghz
wow 4 mac pros! Emacs are dinosaur like in there size.
with ppc osx 10.4 is optimal in most emacs but some people opt for MintPPC.
I have 2 Emacs and as my pc's take up my desk space I only have 1 emac on the desk.
the other, well... that just sits on the floor xD.
im surprised the floor hasn't gave way lol.
I got both my emacs for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.