Serial number Lightroom not working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I downloaded Lightroom 5. trial some time ago and the trial was long expired., then today I was in a store nearby and purchased the licence key. It has four letters in the beginning and it wont accept it in the first square, only 3 letters go in then the fourth one does not enter. All other numbers and letters fit perfectly.I purchased the key for that but as it did not work the store told me to uninstall and reinstall and then the licence key should work but it does not. What can I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where did you download LightRoom 5 trial from? Try downloading another copy and see if the license key works. It sounds like you may have a license key for a different version of LightRoom. If it still doesn't work, return the key and ask for a refund. Instead buy the full registered boxed version which contains the key within.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I downloaded the trial Lightroom from Adobe at the time. I also deleted that trial version today and downloaded Lightroom 5.3 from Adobe. Still the license key does not work. I all ready rang the store and told them about it that I want my money back. I am just thinking are there different keys for Macs and windows? Yes I do want a boxed version but was very impatient as it is Easter and i have a new camera and the files do not show in CS6 Bridge only in Photoshop raw. That is also a pain as I then have to open each picture separately to see them in raw. I thought getting Lightroom 5.3 would solve my problem as I do all my work usually in Lightroom 4. any way which also does not show the raw files from the new camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Where did you buy it from ?? I ask as I'm a Aussie and should be able to help more so.
I would personally look at the Adobe PS CC + Lightroom 5.4 Photogrphy Bundle which for a limited time is only $9.99/mth over 12mths.
It is totally worth it when you look at getting free updates always, and Adobe has said they won't be increasing the price when the subscription rolls over.
LR is on 5.4 now, which now syncs with the iPad App, which the box set 5.3 won't.
Live sync only works in the CC versions, and PS CC has Perspective Warp, which is amazing, where I can change the perspective of a photo as I took it standing around the corner :)
So for 1 ½ cups of coffee a month I have the latest LR and Photoshop !!

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I got it from a **** Smith store. I spoke to a chat bloke he said he fixed it send me to my adobe account found nothing useful, i had lost him as well. I am so upset, i am not the youngest and not that computer savvy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I got it from a **** Smith store. I spoke to a chat bloke he said he fixed it send me to my adobe account found nothing useful, i had lost him as well. I am so upset, i am not the youngest and not that computer savvy.

I would go back into The Richard Smith store with the Mac (if you can) and ask for a refund.
I hope you didn't pay $200 for it, as they have that price on their Web site :( and go through Adobe.com.au and get the licence that way.
And to be honest, I'm sure most of their licences where/are the same and my LR 5.3 Licence is 6 sets of 4 numbers with NO letters. Something is a miss I reckon :(

Or go here to Adobe Support and see if they can help Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Product Registration or follow them up on Twitter @adobe_aus and they can help too.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac , iPad , MBP, iPod
I went on to the adobe chat site. They fixed it and send me a serial number. All working good now. It also updated to Lightroom 5.4. can see my new cameras raw files now. Yes the numbers they gave me are all numbers. I still will go back and complain about it. Yes was silly enough and paid 199$

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.