New mac air

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The same way you move all your other data from your old Mac or PC to your new MacBook Air: Use the Migration Assistant. If you've already moved everything else over, only select what you further need to move such as your email.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks - my challenge is for the two migration assistants to find each other :0) they are on the same networkut not able to find eachother?

OP
I
Reaction score
U r so right - only one migration assistant - never the less. When I activate it on my new mac and made sure they both at on the same network - it can not find my old mac? Frustrating

OP
I
Reaction score
Hi again
Succes :0) Actually I open migration assistant on myold mac and searched. Then I open migration assistant on my new and then identical codes apeared on the screen. I choose to migrate everything ( 8 hours) don't know if that was a stupid move?

C

chas_m

Assuming you didn't already start a new account on the new Mac, then no.

If you already set up an account on your new Mac, then yes that was probably not the most efficient thing to do but now you need to let it finish.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.