Iphoto library missing

Reaction score
Help please:( A couple months ago my hard drive crashed on my mac so I took it in and got it resolved and I thought I fixed my apps. About a month ago I went to import old pictures to iphoto and it asked me what file to use and I must have clicked something wrong because it opened iphoto with a library with only the pictures I had just imported and all of my old pictures were gone. I did some research and was able to find my old pictures using find any file and found library6.iphoto and everything was fine. Just now I went to import pictures from my phone and when it plugged in, it opened the iphoto library that has the new pictures in it but non of my old. I tried the find any file but it didn't work. I tried to switch libraries but there was no other option. There is no "originals" folder for my pictures and I don't know what else to try. Please help :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I would go with the Merging of Libraries, but to find the other Library, hold down the ⌥ (Option) key while you open iPhoto and it will show you a list of all available Libraries, and from there click on the one you want to open.

OP
A
Reaction score
I do not have time machine back up :( I just got my mac up and running again with my new HD and hadn't gotten around to it unfortunately

I have tried the option + iphoto way but only Iphoto Library (default) shows up and it's the library that only has the new and very few pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I do not have time machine back up :( I just got my mac up and running again with my new HD and hadn't gotten around to it unfortunately

I have tried the option + iphoto way but only Iphoto Library (default) shows up and it's the library that only has the new and very few pictures

Well, unfortunately you only have that 1 iPhoto on there then, sorry to say :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.