oulook for mac 2011

Reaction score
my outlook for mac is constantly updating/downloading. how do i stop this? I'm syncing with an Exchange Server and have never had this problem before. It appears to sync 479 messages each time a sync is performed. The message comes in two forms, first the update to the server and then update to local.

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
think I'm getting there

I deleted my old identity yesterday and created a new identity in office for mac 2011 yesterday due to sluggish performance. All my mails 9,500 of them are stored on the exchange server, so nothing is archived on my machine. Since then there was constant activity in the sync process.....almost all of 24hrs of it. But things appear to have settled down now. I guess it's just the time it takes to fully sync and get back to the old status. Hopefully thats the end of the problem......unless anyone thinks 9,500 emails on an exchange server is a bad idea.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hopefully thats the end of the problem......unless anyone thinks 9,500 emails on an exchange server is a bad idea.

As you found out, it does take a while to sync that many messages after creating a new identity. ;)

And no, it's not a good idea to leave that many messages on an exchange server although it certainly should be able to handle it. The problem is that Outlook for the Mac is buggy enough with its sensitive data base and that many email messages could lead to problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.