Possibly a Hard Drive crash, can you help identify

Reaction score
Hi all,

Final Cut Pro X crashed on me when I tried to send my project directly to Compressor and when I reopened it, all my libraries were gone. I opened up the drive I use for FCPX and sure enough, something was funky. It says it has Zero bytes for capacity and under Sharing & Permissions, it says I have no access. I attached a screen shot of the "Get Info" window for the drive. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 9.18.24 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there some reason you were using a drive formatted to NTFS rather than the Mac OS file system? Tuxera is buggy as it is and I certainly wouldn't trust it on a drive that large. The only driver we recommend is Paragon NTFS. You have no access because normally NTFS is read only without using the proper driver. Something has failed and probably caused corruption on the drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.