Bookmarks in Safari 6.1.3 disappearing

Reaction score
Since I was upgraded to Safari 6.1.3 by Software Update, ghost folders have appeared in my bookmarks list, and bookmarks have gone missing. Does anyone have a cure?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The best cure is to restore your bookmarks from backup. If you're not making backups you may have to enter them again. You can edit and get rid of the extra folders from the bookmarks bar setting.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks, chscag. That fixed THAT problem.

Now, I cannot get iCloud to sync that list to my iPad. I have followed the instructions in iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List (twice!) and each time, the bookmarks on the Mac are erased, and none come up on the iPad. (I have deleted all bookmarks on the iPad, and I think in iCloud. Is there a way I can confirm that nothing exists in iCloud?)

Mac OS X 10.8.5
Mac Safari 6.1.3
iOS 7.1

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have restored from my time machine back up several times successfully, but then they disappear again. It started a few weeks back when I was trying sync my Mac Safari BMs with Safari on Windows at work (which there has the problem with the browser back button).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.