Simple xcode questions

Reaction score
1.Is it possible to make a photoshop design and import into xcode for coding?

2. Is it possible to make animated buttons with push effects using photoshop layers(on and off states/layers(buttons)?

3. What are some words I need to know when asking/posting a project on freelancer.com when it comes to making a skype type of phone

4.How can a skype type of service be set up or routed? What hosting services do I need?

Thank so so much for answers!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you don't know the answers to these questions...how do you know if the answers are simple??:)

If the answers were simple...we would all (or most of us) know them.:):) Just saying.;)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
1.Is it possible to make a photoshop design and import into xcode for coding?
No.
2. Is it possible to make animated buttons with push effects using photoshop layers(on and off states/layers(buttons)?
Yes.
ios - Xcode: set image on button only for default state, not also selected - Stack Overflow
iphone - how to change button image when button pressed - Stack Overflow
3. What are some words I need to know when asking/posting a project on freelancer.com when it comes to making a skype type of phone
VoIP, audio and video calls.

You might be biting way more than you can chew if you intention is to create a Skype like application..

OP
M
Reaction score
1.But can you make a photoshop design and import into xcode?(jpg or other) Or do you have to use the buttons and bars/elements in the xcode. That would be strange!
Mac Application

2. What software do Windows 8 coders use to code designs?

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A photoshop design is saved in PSD, it can be exported to a any number of graphical outputs like JPGs, PNGs and so on.

But unless you're going to use this in an application as a static background, it means nothing in an application.

Even if you wanted to make a Photoshop design to a functioning website, you have to translate all of it to the appropriate things using a combination of HTML/JS/CSS and so on..

I can tell that you are not a programmer, and being a programmer myself I can tell you what you are asking is strange and uninformed..

Windows programmers can use Visual Studio to make programs in C++ or C# for .NET apps. They can use cross-platform system like Qt with any software. There is not a single set of things you use to create an application, it depends on a lot of variables..

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But unless you're going to use this in an application as a static background, it means nothing in an application.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like the OP wants to take a JPEG, Photoshop, or other graphic file...have it imported into a programming app...and have that graphic file "magically" converted into programming code.

Wouldn't it be nice if it worked this way!:)

- Nick

p.s. As mentioned above...not such a simple question...or project.;)

OP
M
Reaction score
Are you guys serious!!! You can`t import jpg or psd pdf or other into xcode and make a code around this just like people make websites. That would be strange!

If not what else do they use? Other than xcode to use make a software that looks good and not just illustrator looking. Don`t know about this stuff. Please talk to me guys!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I have a question for you. Have you taken a JPG or PSD or PDF even and made a website with it? Do you know what the steps are for that?

And yes, I'm serious. What you think should work and happen, doesn't.

Your question has been answered a number of times, you can ask the same thing as many times as you want, the answer is going to be the same.

However, if you can better tell us WHAT you are trying to do, perhaps I can point in the right direction.

It will also help us if you tell us what your programming/coding experience/knowledge is if any..

OP
M
Reaction score
Some answers from google.com

iphone - How to use the Photoshop PSD design file in your xCode? - Stack Overflow

How to use the Photoshop PSD design file in your xCode?

Look guys simple and strait answers

The PSD File contains your photoshop readable source material and cannot be used in your iOS application. You have to export / save your PDF files save a PNG or jpeg to use it.

1) The designer needs to tell you what each element of his design is supposed to do.
2) As a developer you will need to decide how each element is going into your app (Button, Label, image, table)
3) Pick out the components you need for each element (outline, fill, shadow, etc)
4) Choose the corresponding layers,in the PSD, to those components.
5) save those layers for web(Choose PNG-24, keep transparency)

5) Thank you google.com!!!PNG-24

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you guys serious!!! You can`t import jpg or psd pdf or other into xcode and make a code around this just like people make websites. That would be strange!

It's very possible that the wording in your earlier posts was not exactly what was meant to be said...and so we were only able to interpret things based on what was written. Sometimes what is written can be understood/misunderstood in a number of ways.

Please tell us exactly what you need/want to do...so there is no misinterpreting.:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uh huh, and once you've put the graphical elements where they belong, then what? I never said that you can't use the pieces from a Photoshop design within your application, but JUST that isn't enough..

Anyway, you seem to think you've found what you need through your Google search, so good luck with that..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.