Free iPhone Maps for USA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See signature block :)
Hey everyone,

in a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to Las Vegas to get married. A couple days after that, we would like to tour around the states and finish our trip in San Francisco!

I was wondering if there was a free App for the iPhone that would allow me to use the GPS on it as I will not have Internet on my phone. When I was in the UK, there was a great app called: UK & ROI which was free and had voice commands whilst driving. I was hoping for something similar but for the US?

I have an american iTunes account.

Looking for: Maps / States I can download onto my phone and use the GPS on my phone to navigate just like the UK & ROI App for the UK.

As mentioned before, internet is sadly not an option.

Kind regards,

Robin

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've moved your post here where it is on topic and adjusted your title.

in a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to Las Vegas to get married.

Congratulations. Las Vegas is a great place to get married and spend your honeymoon. Just stay away from the slot machines... ;D

Which iPhone do you have and are you using iOS 7? You can buy a sim card for your iPhone while in the states so you can use it for the internet. T-Mobile for example charges $10 for a sim card and will sell you a month by month plan to use while in the states.

The iTunes App Store has several very nice apps that provide turn by turn voice and GPS for the US. The apps are usually basic and require the voice add on as an extra $, so you'll need to shop around.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
T-Mobile for example charges $10 for a sim card and will sell you a month by month plan to use while in the states.
They even have a day to day plan ($3/day) that has unlimited data if that ends up being cheaper.

OP
SODworks
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See signature block :)
Hey and thanks for the replies,

I got so caught up with work that I totally forgot I opened a thread and needed to check it out :)
Yes Las Vegas should be good and I really can't wait. I have an iPhone 5s and am running the latest iOS on it. 10$ for a sim card is not a lot but I was hoping to avoid using the Internet and just use the phones GPS. I would therefor have to download the maps and was wondering if there was a free app for that like the one in the UK (UK & ROI).

3$ a day would be great if I were only spending a couple of days but I will be spending three weeks there and we will be traveling a long the west coast into various states.

So do any of you suggest a certain app for my needs?

Regards,

Robin

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
A quick search came up with this. I have no idea if it works in the US but it might be worth exploring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
Can you just turn on cellular data and use Google Maps that way? Internet coverage is spotty where I live, and I have to do that all the time. Happy wedding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP, iPhone 6, iPad4, iPad Mini Retnia, WHS 2011
Sygic Maps (available in App Store) will do exactly what you are asking. You need to download the individual states while you have cellular or WiFi connection. Due to the data size of each states map only download the ones you need.
This app also has lots of POI's and can get locations from your contacts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.