Downloads problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Desktop, 10.11.3 El Capitan
Unable to complete latest IMovie download. Each time the download is ready to install I have and error msg. on the page which says: "An error has occurred"! What is wrong there? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where are you downloading the movie from? NetFlix, iTunes, ?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Error message

Where are you downloading the movie from? NetFlix, iTunes, ?

It is my "Auto Download" on my Mac OS X 10.9.2 trying to download IMovie 9.3 from Apple Store. It is not ITunes or any source other than Apple Store.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is no "extension" on the msg. - simply says "There was an error"!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry about that, I missed the "iMovie" part and thought you were downloading actual movies from iTunes or NetFlix.

Did you try downloading it again from the Mac App Store? And what do you mean, it's your auto download? Are you referring to software update?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Error Message

Sorry about that, I missed the "iMovie" part and thought you were downloading actual movies from iTunes or NetFlix.

Did you try downloading it again from the Mac App Store? And what do you mean, it's your auto download? Are you referring to software update?

Yes, I did try and download again. It is an "Auto Update". I simply click on Apple>SoftwareUpdate and I've done this time and time again and each time I get the msg. "Ann error has occurred" in red???? Just tried it again - same result.
PTW "pop-up" blocker is "OFF".

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just did some checking......

The latest iMovie available from software update is 10.0.3. Are you sure you're not trying to download an older version over the top of a newer one? I've got two iMovie versions in my Application Folder: 10.0.3 and 9.0.9 Check your Application Folder to see what you have.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Error Message

I just did some checking......

The latest iMovie available from software update is 10.0.3. Are you sure you're not trying to download an older version over the top of a newer one? I've got two iMovie versions in my Application Folder: 10.0.3 and 9.0.9 Check your Application Folder to see what you have.

Well, I looked at it in Finder and lo and behold my version is 10.2. - so I suppose this is the error that it is referring to. Do you suppose this means something is wrong with my "auto updater"?
Thanks so much for your help.
Sam Sayger
Hernando, MS O:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It does sound like the auto update or software update may be missing the fact that you are already updated. I wouldn't worry about it though. Sometimes the latest information on an application version does not get properly updated. I've had the same thing happen and it eventually straightened itself out.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It does sound like the auto update or software update may be missing the fact that you are already updated. I wouldn't worry about it though. Sometimes the latest information on an application version does not get properly updated. I've had the same thing happen and it eventually straightened itself out.

Thanks tons for all your good help!
Sam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.