Adobe Flash Player & Mac

Reaction score
Why Adobe Flash Player plug-in has crashed only in my MaBook Pro but not anywhere else? And I mean in any browser: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome...

I can’t see any video from the net, I need to open the browsers in other PCs with Linux or Windows to see the videos.

In did uninstall and install again Adobe Flash Player several times with no avail.

Any advise, please? Thank you.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What version of OS X are you running? Are you installing the latest version of Flash? Do the sites you are visiting support HTML5 or other video formats?

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi Raz0rEdge

What version of OS X are you running? - Maverick

Are you installing the latest version of Flash? - Yes (or so they say...)

Do the sites you are visiting support HTML5 or other video formats? - I have not a clue.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Chrome uses its own version of Flash so this isn't a version issue. Does this happen with all Flash content or only a particular website?

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi vansmith.

Normally I use Firefox and sometimes Safari. To be honest I did try once with Chrome to see if did happen too on it and it does.

It happens in any website: Facebook,Twitter, newspapers... Even in Mac Forum.

Again, it doesn't happen in any other system, only in Mac, and in Linux and Windows I use Firefox too and the videos run without a problem.

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Problem resolved. It seems that there is a different version of Adobe Flash Player for each version of each browser of each version of an operating system and for Firefox in Maverick is Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0.182 but there is a new version for this specifications: 10.0.0.201.

I did installed it and everything is working like a dream.

Have a nice Easter everyone.

installation-problems-flash-player-mac.htmlhttp:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Flash is browser independent. In other words, there aren't special builds for Firefox and Safari (Chrome is a bit of an exception here since Flash is built-in). In either case, glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ta vansmith.

Is what they say... I didn't know either...

I thought that I had posted a link of they answer where they show a list of Flash Player versions that do apply to each browser and each OS but, obviously, I did it wrong, sorry.

Anyway, problem sort out. Thank you very much for your help.

All the best.

Tino

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.