Keychain Information

Reaction score
Sometimes I input the wrong user name and password, keychain saves it then it , when I input the proper ones will keychain correct it or do I need to do something to get it right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Sometimes I input the wrong user name and password, keychain saves it then it , when I input the proper ones will keychain correct it or do I need to do something to get it right?

When you enter something different from what's stored, you should be prompted to "Update" the information. Are you not getting that? What version of OS X are you using anyway? And are you using iCloud?

OP
G
Reaction score
I am using Mac OSX 10.9.2 Maverick, I do have iCloud not sure if it is all linked. Everytime I visit this site I must enter my user name and password, would think Keychain would prompt me to enter the info. Some sites work great and others don't always autofill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am using Mac OSX 10.9.2 Maverick, I do have iCloud not sure if it is all linked. Everytime I visit this site I must enter my user name and password, would think Keychain would prompt me to enter the info. Some sites work great and others don't always autofill

Some sites specifically request that passwords not be saved. You can open up "Keychain Access" and review what's in there. You can delete old entries or manually update them in there.

OP
G
Reaction score
I reviewed my keychain, did not find sites I want saved, how do I manually enter the sites/passwords?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I reviewed my keychain, did not find sites I want saved, how do I manually enter the sites/passwords?

You can try clicking the + sign at the bottom, then plugging in the details. If you are using iCloud, make sure that is selected on the left instead of "login".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.