adobe reader

Reaction score
i can not print anything from adobe reader since my last update

Where and how do i access Preview? Can I add text to the PDF?

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you really even need Adobe Reader? Your Mac already has a much better PDF reader called "Preview". Why not use it instead? Preview will print out your PDF documents and do much more than Adobe Reader.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Dear tulip 18

Totally endorse chscag's opinion. In respect of "how do I access it"; it can be found in Applications. Open Finder, click on Applications—they are in alphabetical order. Click on Preview. My advice is keep it in the Dock. So, when opened, Right Click on the preview App in the Dock and, from the menu, choose "Keep in Dock". Believe me, you'll use it a lot.

This link takes you to an introduction to some of its uses—Print-to-PDF mysteries revealed | Printers | MacUser | Macworld.

Basically, you can create PDFs, merge them, read imported PDFs and lots more. And it come with OS X.

Enjoy.

Ian

OP
T
Reaction score
Great - thanks to you both. I see I have some research in my future. I tried printing from "preview" perfect!:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yep go with Preview Apple's own application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.