creating folders

Reaction score
I just got my MAC and I'm having difficulty navigating it. I had all my documents transferred from my PC and I can see them on the MAC, but I can't seem to move things in and out of the folders.
Any suggestions? Is there a "primer" or manual that you can read to teach you how to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Where on your Mac (not all caps, btw) are you seeing your files? How are you trying to move them? The way it should work is, you see them in the Finder and you drag and drop to move files around. If you don't have right-clicking enabled, do so in System Preferences from the Apple menu (top left of your menu bar). Then you can right click to copy and paste (or copy and Option+right click to move).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Where on your Mac (not all caps, btw) are you seeing your files? How are you trying to move them? The way it should work is, you see them in the Finder and you drag and drop to move files around. If you don't have right-clicking enabled, do so in System Preferences from the Apple menu (top left of your menu bar). Then you can right click to copy and paste (or copy and Option+right click to move).

If you are trying to move your files into many of the default folders that show up on a new Mac, you may find that they are not open to you - System, Library (which is likely not even visible) and so on. Create some folders of your own (right click and select New Folder) and then you should be able to drag and drop your files into them. You can create folders inside of folders, so you can get quite organized.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.