virrtual pc questions...

J

jonmichael23

ram...installing, etc.

Christmas is approaching, and I wanted to buy a 512 stick of ram to max out my iMac with 1gb. First, how many slots are there? I have two 256 sticks in there right now, is there a third slot for a 512? Also, would it be better to put the 512 stick in the 1st slot ( which i think is the main slot) and move the 256 stick to the third slot ( if there even is a third slot) Is it okay and fairly save to move factory installed ram? I am buying this ram from apple.com. I know there are cheaper ones, but I want what apple approves of and I know will work fine with my mac and not have any problems. One more question, I looked in the booklet that came with my iMac where it shows how to install ram and it looks fairly simple, but I've also heard tragic stories of computers getting really messed up by home installs. If i took my computer and ram to my local apple store would they install if for me, and if so, for how much?

Thanks, Jon

OP
J

jonmichael23

oops... :p

The subject for this thread was an accident, that was a subject for another thread i was making at the same time of this one, sorry about that, how do u change the subject?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There are only two memory slots in the iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.