How can I download XCode without a credit card?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get XCode on Mavericks without a credit card?

I have just installed Mavericks and now can't use XCode without updating it. XCode is free, but it needs to be installed via the App Store or iTunes. I don't have a credit card.

I called Apple Support after spending the entire morning trying to get around the credit card block. It took nearly an hour to get through and then repeat my email address, etc, before reaching a support person who could help. The support guy told me that it is possible to choose "no credit card" when setting up an Apple ID. That option was not available when I set up my ID. To confirm this, I created another ID.

He then said that he would talk to a supervisor. He disappeared and the line went dead.

Could someone please help? Unfortunately, I cannot get hold of a credit card and even if I could, I would not want to use one on this shared machine.

It has been a pretty frustrating week with Apple. A cord caught on fire (they won't replace it) and my year-old harddrive crashed irreparably (they won't pay for that either). Right now, all I want is to use XCode. Is there any way around this block?

OP
A
Reaction score
Ashwin, thanks a lot for that link. I'm in Europe right now and your link took me to a US site where the option, "none" does appear on the credit card page. It looks like only US users can select "none." So I provided a US address and signed up that way.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Glad you got it sorted out one way or another.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm in Europe right now and your link took me to a US site where the option...

We are a world-wide internet forum...and thus get questions from all over the world. Depending on folks questions...sometimes having the members location in their profile helps when answering questions...and can help with providing the best answers. The location (for example) could be your country. Just a suggestion...your choice.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.