Trying To View Printer Profiles in OSX 10.9.2

Reaction score
Running LR5, trying to view Epson printer profiles. In Library/Printers/Epson/InkjetPrinter2/ICC Profiles the profiles for my ESP 4800 printer show up as Pro4800, a MS Word bundled file. I can't view the profile to compare it with myXRITE generated profile! Tried to use Terminal to 'chflags nohidden ~/Library' command but no luck. Suggestions? Running a Macbook Pro (mid-2012 Retina) with latest Maverick OS update.

Reaction score
Looking in the wrong Library. Look in /Library, not the one in your user folder.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks, but I’ve looked in all libraries. Here’s the root problem: LR5 lists a number of Epson profiles; Pro4800 PGPP170 is one of them. It's location is shown as
/Library/Printers/Epson/Inkjet2/ICCProfiles/Pro4800.profiles/Content/Resources/Pro4800/PGPP170.icc

This is the particular icc profile I'm trying to load into the profile viewer. When I follow this link and I get to ICCProfiles file it doesn't contain any element called 'Pro4800.profiles'! Instead there is an entry named ‘Pro4800 profiles’, which is described as a MS Word bu... (it ends here). size is 20.5 MB.

When I try to open this file it goes directly to Terminal! I can’t find those particular profiles that I’m trying to compare to an DataColor printer profile I generated.

I have screenshots of all this, but I'm not yet sure of how to get them into this reply..

Thanks...

Reaction score
Right-click on "Pro4800 profiles" and select "Show Package Contents".
That's where /Content/Resources/Pro4800/PGPP170.icc is. Right-click on that and select "open with".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.