Kies don't work on my iMac

Reaction score
I have installed Kies from Samsung but it does not see my Samsung phone.

I have tried this but unarchiver won't open the file..

Solution :

1.Download Samsung Kies: http://j.mp/dlkiesz

2.Open the DMG

3.Right click on the "kies20mac_s9218.pkg", then open it with "The Unarchiver"

4.You should see a file named "kies20mac_s9218", open it.

5.Right click on the "contents.pkg", and click "Show Package Contents"

6.Double click "Payload", it will create a folder named "Payload 2 2", double click it.

7.Double click "Applications", then you will see Kies, drag it to the application folder, installation complete!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Note, I'm about to go on a rant (not directed at you though): Whoever gave you those instructions, to be blunt, has no idea what they're doing. Those aren't even close to what you should do. First, why go to some weird obfuscated URL? The app can be found here: Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG. Second, why would you need to explore the pkg file? What purpose does this serve?

Rant over.

Install it as you would any other Mac application. Download it from the right place, double click the installer and enjoy.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I think I agree with your rant Van. I can think of few instances where the average user needs to monkey around with the contents of an app package ff the app is designed with the Mac in mind.

That's essentially what the OP is being asked to do. I'd be a little upset at any vendor's software that required me editing the package to get the software to run. Obviously that is not the case here. If it were I would take it as a sign that it's time to look for new gear. Preferably something with better Mac support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.