OS settings for printing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Not sure if this is an OS thing or a printer thing, but, it's only been happening since upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard, and I might forget to look in the Other Hardware forum...

Ever since ^ my multi-page prints have been coming out in reverse order: last page prints first. I can't seem to find a setting in System Preferences or in my Epson 740 tools. It's curious that it never did this in Leopard. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get it back to first page prints first?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's usually a function of the application which you're printing from. Office 2011 Word and Pages have an option to print the last page first. You can also setup some printers to do the same. My Epson NX 420 prints in reverse order when I select collate copies. My HP LaserJet likewise.

(For example: Microsoft Word 2011, Preferences, Print, "Print in Reverse Order".)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And with my Epson TX550W that is the standard format I have set in the Epson Print Application. To change, appears under Layout from memory.

OP
toMACsh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
That's usually a function of the application which you're printing from. Office 2011 Word and Pages have an option to print the last page first. You can also setup some printers to do the same. My Epson NX 420 prints in reverse order when I select collate copies. My HP LaserJet likewise.

(For example: Microsoft Word 2011, Preferences, Print, "Print in Reverse Order".)

Checked that just for fun. It was not set to print in reverse. Excel does not have a comparable preference setting. The time when it's most annoying is trying to print a statement from a web page when I only want page 1 or 1 and 2.

And with my Epson TX550W that is the standard format I have set in the Epson Print Application. To change, appears under Layout from memory.
I did find a setting under Paper Handling. It was set to Automatic. I changed it to Normal. The other choice is Reverse. Maybe that will do it, or maybe I'll have to check that whenever possible. The problem is that printing from web sites often does not give me the ability to change print settings. The choice comes down to Print or Cancel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.