DHCP probs with MAV Server

Reaction score
Since changing from ML to MAV Serv, having issues with clients getting internet connection. They are being issued IPs from DHCP but no connection. This is mixed, some get connection, some do not. Comcast Biz IP gateway set to bridge, behind that is airport extreme doing NAT and issuing IPs 10.0.1.2-3, Server is 10.0.1.2. Network on Server set up to be issuing 10.0.1.4-10.0.5.254. I can see the clients in the IP registry, but not many not receiving internet connection. Any help???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Why is your Airport and server running DHCP?

Regardless of the scopes.

Server should be static IP.

If your server is providing DNS, set the forwarders on the server to point to your ISPs DNS servers or a public DNS server for lookups.

When you say "no connection" I assume you mean no pages load. Since the clients get an address the connection would be green on the system preference, indicating a link if it received a dhcp address.

DNS seems to be the issue. As well as using DHCP from the Airport.

OP
L
Reaction score
Why is your Airport and server running DHCP?

Airport only offers bridge, dhcp only, or dhcp & nat. Need this for nat purposes

I will check the DNS settings...I had them set to google dns public ips

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then just remove the DHCP service from the server.

Set local DNS to be the server on the Airport DHCP and set the DNS forwarders on the server to the ISP DNS.

OP
L
Reaction score
Tried that...no success. Weird thing is no pages load with IP supplied from server dhcp, but if I do dhcp with manual and input a random IP within the scope..pages load. And why do some wireless clients always have pages load (regardless of how long they have been away from network) when lease is set to hour, and others don't??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dunno dude,..gateway is correct?

Can you ping gateway, dns server or public IPs? Can you perform dig or nslookup commands?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.