ipad email

Reaction score
what is the red circle on my iPad mail it says i have 1376 emails un read there are no emails in my email.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What about your spam folder?

- Nick

C

chas_m

The iPad is probably reporting the number of unread emails in your server's inbox, but is limited (by you, in preferences) to showing the last 50 or so emails, all of which you've read. So you probably need to use a web browser to visit your provider's webmail site and manage the unreads from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I had this problem on my own iPad and on my boss's. If you google this you will find so have others. I tried emptying both emails at the server and that did not work. Both iPad's still showed thousands of emails. What finally worked was deleting the account off the iPad. Doing a shutdown and restart on the iPad then setting up the email account again. The thousands of emails showed again but this time they were in the inbox and I could mark all and delete them.

I think this is a glitch in the mail program but I can't find any confirmation on that.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.